Tuesday, May 18, 2010

celebrating the newest newlyweds


















on saturday, may 15, we celebrated the wedding of our adorable friends, Jessica Padgett & Heath Dame. better known as Mr. & Mrs. Heath Dame (for the last 3 days, at least)!

their entire relationship firmly stands on their love for Christ. they love one another as Christ loves the Church, and it was a blessing to be a part of one of the most precious ceremonies, ever.

displaying humility & adoration, they washed one another's feet - showing the true depth of their devotion.

they wrote their own vows, in which Heath boldly proclaimed to Jessica, "I will always put Christ first in my life, even before you." and, "for as long as my lungs breathe in air and my heart pumps blood, I will be yours."

[omg, did he really just say that? Yes! he really did, he loves that woman.]

they also humbly served communion to their wedding attendants - an act that shows their commitment to lives of servitude.

although much rain fell during the reception, not a cloud was in the sky for the ceremony. we knew God's presence was all around as he kept us dry during the most important 45 minutes of the couples new life together.

as I (enviously) type this post from my office computer (I am happy to report, however, that I work on a fantastic Mac -- again, I digress -- you'll learn I do this often), the new couple are probably lounging in a hammock at a luxurious resort on the coast of the Dominican Republic (yes, you read right, the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC!) while sipping complimentary beverages, listening to the soothing sounds of the waves on the shore.

Dames, enjoy your honeymoon! no two deserve it more! and, congratulations! the Lord make his face to shine upon your marriage, always.

No comments:

Post a Comment