
hey ya'll!
so, it's day #1 in the the, "week without my husband," saga & I'm happy to report (& I'm sure you're all happy to hear) that overall, I'm doing really well.
(said husband's in Florida for work incase you were wondering...)
I woke up this morning in the center of our queen-sized bed, swallowed in sheets & thoroughly confused.
"wait, where's John?" I thought.
"JOOOHHHNN???" I called out.
(yes, admittedly, I called out his name)
"oh, yeah, he's already gone." I said to myself.
"boooohooo, sad." I pouted.
after taking a second to wake up & check into reality, I hopped out of bed & commenced the typical morning beautifying rituals.
my goal was to be downstairs by 8:30. NOPE! barely made it by 8:45. late's my middle name.
in my rush, I frantically dashed to the kitchen counter to grab a banana on my way out the door when something hanging on the refrigerator caught my eye.
well, goodness gracious me.
(a smile crept across my face....)
....I'll have you know, that husband of mine had taped a note to said door that read, "I miss you already! Keep this here while I'm gone so you always know it!"
cue, "awwww's."
(he attempted to draw a picture of a guy & a girl holding hands...and...a cat by their side. yes, we used to have a cat. he lived with us for 16 hours) but, as you know me, I digress.
now, fast-forward past me stumbling out the door, coffee cup in hand (narrowly escaping staining my cute black dress, mind you) and I'll tell you about the rest of my day.
work was busy, busy, busy which is always gladly welcomed. we had 2 internal meetings before lunchtime and afterward, my co-worker & I met with a client & accomplished a lot. after coming back to the office I managed to mark through even more of my to-do list!
(I just looooove productive days, don't you?!)
when the work day had come to a close I set out on some errands:
-return RedBox DVD
-pick up prescription refill
after said errands I came home.
I washed the sheets, then another load of just clothes, set 'The Bachelorette' to record (okay, okaaaaay, give it a rest! it's a vice, what can I say? we all have a little tacky & trashy inside all of us...), talked to Dad on the phone and made some dinner.
aaaaalso, one of the highlights of my day was baking the delicious cookies that you see in the above photo.
nothing special about these cookies.
just simple slice-and-bake chocolate chip cookies from Nestle.
I wish my husband were here to enjoy them. I love baking for him.
he'd be so sweet & tell me they were, "AWESOME!!!" even if he knew I didn't go through any trouble to make them.
well, this is where the details of my day conclude.
we'll see what tomorrow holds.
I know it will be a great day, but I'll miss my hubby mucho!
oh, hold on, I hear my phone ringing.
well, speak of the devil. that's him calling right now!
gotta go!
stayed tuned....
OH! a quick p.s.
the guy with the weird voice didn't get a rose! hallelujah!

So glad you think the 'weird voice guy' is creepy! i mean come on speak normal!
ReplyDeleteKeep your head up this week kiddo!