alrighty. it's high time I let you in on a little something about me:I.
love.
pumpkin.
naaahhh. I'm not talking about the vegetable itself that's used for making Jack-O-Lanerns or Halloween decorations.
(however, Halloween does happen to my favorite pseudo-holiday, mind you.)
what I'm talking about is better than just the pumpkin vegetable.
what I'm talking about is the pumpkin FLAVOR.
you can put it into anything & what you've got is amazing.
pumpkin pie.
pumpkin ice cream.
pumpkin spice lattes.
heck, Claire's even has pumpkin lip balm. (I know, right?!)
(you know what? mentioning pumpkin spice lattes reminds me of a bone I need to pick with Starbucks.
sorry, but I'm going to have to interject in my own post.
those darn pumpkin spice lattes are never around as long as I'd like them to be at Starbucks.
I mean, hasn't Starbucks gotten the drift that pumpkin spice is probably their most popular & beloved flavor?
they should take a hint from Coffee Mate ((see previous post entitled, day #2, sans hubby)). they obviously caught on with the peppermint mocha & are doing quite well.
HELLO STARBUCKS! ANYONE THERE? I LOVE YOUR PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES AND WANT TO BE ABLE TO ENJOY THEM ALL YEAR! PLEASE, DON'T MAKE ME WAIT AROUND FROM MARCH TO OCTOBER TO GET MY HANDS ON ANOTHER ONE!
sincerely,
me
&& p.s. I'm serious. iiiiiiif you couldn't already tell by my YELLING typing.)
okay, rant over.
I'll try & focus on making my point.
this afternoon, my friends, I was able to sneak away from work & grab Panera Bread for lunch!
after my yummy meal & on my way out of the restaurant, I stopped back by the register to purchase one of their deeeelicious pumpkin muffies.
okay, ya'll. for real.
pumpkin muffies are THE BOMB.
I believe it originally started just as the Panera Bread pumpkin muffin, but, people decided that the tops of them were more fun to eat, so they began baking the tops by themselves.
enter the term, muffie.
these bad boys are baked full of pumpkin goodness.
sprinkled with cinnamon & powdered sugar on the tippy-top, pumpkin muffies are a pastry experience unlike ANY other.
if I ever committed a crime (disclaimer: hello, I NEVER actually would. please, I'm afraid of being stuck in an elevator for 10 minutes, let alone a jail cell for 10 years...), I'd hold up a Panera Bread & say, "gimme all the pumpkin muffies in the buildin'! toss 'em in the bag & nobody gets hurt!"
I mean, after I did it, & before rushing out the door with my pumpkin muffie loot, I'd politely say "thanks!" & give a cute smile, of course.
I know that'd toooootally justify my actions :]
I'd have pumpkin muffies to last a lifetime.
that'd be pretty sweet.
the above photo is just one I found after Googling.
(hold up, "Googling" is officially a word now? my automatic spell checker didn't just give it a red underline...? hm, learn something new every day. congrats, Google, on becoming a real word!)
another insight into my little world -- I love Googling.
but, that's another story for another time.
if you love me, I mean truuuuly love me, you'd surprise me one day with pumpkin muffies.
I mean, if someone did that, I'd be the happiest little lady on the planet, for the rest of eternity.
seriously, ya'll.
these things make me THIS (idiotically) happy.
go enjoy one for yourself.
you won't regret it!
xo

No comments:
Post a Comment