Monday, June 14, 2010

secret treats


















oh, the things we do for our husbands.

I'll tell you one thing about mine: he loves Sunday afternoon naps.
I'm fairly certain he always has & know beyond a shadow of a doubt he always will.

while said husband was napping, I did a little sneaky out to the grocery store & picked up a treat* I was sure he'd love.
I love baking & I love surprises, so I thought, what better to do than keep myself entertained while John napped by doing what I love!
plus, the grocery store is very therapeutic for me.
[me, toooooo! she knows me so well!]
I just love meandering around, not really looking for anything in-particular and then....

BAM!

I somehow always seem to stumble upon some sort of food item that I cannot live without.

this trip, it was Jello's 'No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Delights.'

(by the way.
thank you, Jello, for making my life simple.
your 'No Bake Peanut Butter Cup Delights' recipe in a box is probably the most convenient food invention.
of. all. time.)

that was it.
I grabbed the box & headed to the check-out counter like there was no tomorrow.
(didn't want to talk myself out of it on account of the calorie content :/)

I returned home in a flash & proceeded to get my bake on.

needless to say, he most definitely enjoyed his treats.

________________________________________
*I had to narrow down the options of what to bake him:
the choices were milk chocolate cupcakes with whipped vanilla frosting & chocolate sprinkles, Oreo desserts or the PBC delights.
I sent a text to each member of the Melick family when making my decision, just to get their thoughts.

[whyyyy? you ask?
"doesn't she know her husband well enough to know what desserts he'll like?]

well, of course I do, but I love the Melick's and love including them any chance I get.

I'll have you know, EACH, Melick sent a text back saying, "make the PCB delights!"
gosh, I love being in a family with people who are so insync with one another.
way to go, mind reading Melick's.
we. are. awesome. : ]

1 comment:

  1. we are indeed! I think it's really funny that we all picked the same thing!

    ReplyDelete